Remember that these reports are significant because they are the ONLY information about the conflict the Sun provides. Every day a simple short story - provided by Hamas in Gaza - of Israelis killing Palestinian children, along with the obligatory picture of a crying child. Never the suggestion that the civilian deaths were the responsibility of Hamas's human shield policy or that many of the 'bombings' in Gaza are actually Hamas rockets falling short or secondary explosions of arms caches. But most important is that the Sun has never mentioned any of the following:
- The thousands of rockets fired against Israeli civilians by Hamas and the fact that Hamas are the elected government of the people
- That Israel only launched its offensive when Hamas refused to stop firing rockets.
- The damage the rockets cause in Israel nor even the deaths and injuries.
- The suffering of Israeli civilians, including 2 million children who have had to live in bomb shelters for 4 weeks now. And the complete shut down of normal life in the entire country (including the shut down of all international flights for 3 days). While almost every day the Sun prints one of the staged photos of a 'suffering Palestinian' it has never once shown Israelis.
- Israel's relatively low civilian casualty figures are due to the fact that a) the country is living in bomb shelters; and b) it pays for an expensive missile protection system (Iron Dome).
- Hamas use of human shields in buildings from which they are firing and storing rockets
- The discovery of rockets in two UNRWA schools and several hospitals, and the fact that UNWRA gave the rockets back to Hamas when they found them.
- The incredible extent Israel goes to in order to avoid civilian casualties (unlike any other nation in the history of warfare).
- The dozens of Israeli soldiers now being sacrificed to avoid Arab deaths because the Israeli Government demands they go house to house to find the tunnels and weapons caches rather than bombing those sites. These guys are simply young conscripts just out of school.
- The dozens of terror tunnels that Hamas has built (using billions of aid money from the EU and US) and is now using to mount attacks inside Israel (and was planning to use for a major massacre of Israeli civilians. If Hamas had used the money to build bomb shelters rather than tunnels there would have been no civilian casualties.
- All Palestinian casualty figures are provided by Hamas or "UN sources in Gaza" who are Hamas affiliates who have always been proven to lie about them. The vast majority of those killed are Hamas and Islamic Jihad terrorists.
- The genocidal Jihadist beliefs of Hamas, including their charter which calls for the destruction of Israel and the death of all Jews in the world.
But if you think all of that is bad just look at what the Sun columnists have to say. In today's issue Jeremy Clarkson came out in strong support for antisemitic LibDem MP David Ward who said he would fire rockets at Israeli if he lived in Gaza. Clarkson says he would want to do the same thing.
|Jeremy Clarkson column, The Sun 26 July: He would want to kill Israelis if he lived in Gaza|
And it is that hatred of Jews which is driving the world-wide frenzy of Israel hatred and love of the terrorists of Hamas.
26 August 2014 Update:Press Complaints Commission response