There are many others in the Labour Party whose views are identical to hers but who have been a bit more careful; they restrict their public displays of antisemitism to simply spewing blood libels against the Jewish State and denying it the right to defend itself against terrorists, while supporting those same terrorists. The party leader Jeremy Corbyn is one such person, although like Ken Livingstone and Gerald Kaufman he has at least come in for some genuine scrutiny. But why have so many others avoided it? In particular, it seems almost every Muslim Labour MP shares the exact same views as Naz Shah, so maybe their ethnicity puts them 'out of bounds' under the ludicrous assumption that 'minorities cannot possibly be racist'.
I therefore present a just a small sample of other antisemitic Labour MPs:
- Rushanara Ali, MP for Bethnal Green and Bow. Watch her spewing blood libels and hatred against Israel for daring to defend herself from Hamas rockets. Moreover, this MP actually resigned her position as Shadow Education Minister in order to protest the decision to attack ISIS in Iraq.
- Rupa Huq MP for Ealing Central is not just an obsessive Israel hater but was also obsessively concerned that Party leader Ed Milliband was a Jew. Here she is with yet another blood libel against Israel. She also defended Naz Shah's antisemitism.
- Shabana Mahmoud, Labour MP for Birmingham who actually took part in a violent protest to shut down Sainsburys for daring to stock Israel produce
- Yasmin Qureshi labour MP for Bolton SE who compared Israel to the Nazis
- Imran Hussain, Labour MP for Bradford East who blatantly lied to deligitimize Israel in Parliament (leading to David Cameron to make his own ignorant anti-Israel response)
There are many more, but I will leave it up to our leaders at the Board of Deputies and CST to do the work (yes that was a joke - the BoD and CST are much more likely to be providing support for the above MPs in 'combating Islamophobia). To date only a handful of bloggers (such as Richard Millett) have been highlighting the views of these people.
Update: Plenty of politicians have defended Naz Shah's antisemitism and not just Labour ones like Ken Livingstone and Rupa Huq. And what a surprise - they include Baroness Warsi.