Israel's announcement of the new homes plan came just one day after Britain betrayed Israel by abstaining in the Palestine UN membership vote. By abstaining Britain breached an agreement it was party to under the Oslo accords not to allow the Palestinians to seek statehood through any means other than direct negotiations with Israel. If any country has a right to carpet another's ambassador it was Israel to Britain not the other way round. Even more so when you consider the millions of pounds that the British Government continues to pump into Gaza for the benefit of Hamas and the millions it provides to terrorist-supporting NGOs to directly undermine the Goverment of Israel.
That there are still British Jews who claim that Cameron and Hague are 'friends of Israel' is tragic. They are beginning to sound a bit like those Jewish industrialists in Germany in 1934 who still insisted that Hitler was a man they could work with. Of even more concern are those Jewish MPs who claim to support Israel but from whom we heard not a peep of protest at the Government's ludicrous actions. If they had any balls at all they might have suggested that the correct analogy to Britain's actions would be if Israel threatened to withdraw its ambassador to the UK for any one of the following reasons:
- The British Government's insistence on going ahead with the controversial HS2 (High Speed Train) Project which will cause enormous environmental damage and force many people from their homes.
- The British Government's continued war in Afghanistan.
- The British Government's massive energy hikes forced on poor families to pay for its obsessive belief in the global warming hoax.
- The British Government's jailing of EDL leader Tommy Robinson; nothing more and nothing less than a political prisoner because of his criticism of militant Islam. Similarly, the jailing of political prisoner Darren Conway for putting up posters critical of Islam.
- ..any other of the 10,000 or so current issues in which the British Government makes decisions that are not universally appreciated.
- The continuing poor form of the England football team.
Postscript: Part of the 'ceasefire deal' that Britan and America forced Israel to accept over Gaza was to allow the Hamas terrorist leader Khaled Meshaal to return to Gaza. In his triumphant speech to thousands of Gazans today he announced Hamas's continued intention to destroy every inch of Israel. Don't hold your breath waiting for a word of condemnation from Cameron and Hague.