Saturday, December 08, 2012

Football Jihad against Israel continues: Mido calls for genocide


... and of course nobody seems in the least bit interested.

Following on from my recent posting and updates about the football Jihad against Israel the Sun has a small item on Page 21 today about Egyptian international footballer (and former Spurs striker) Mido. As you can see from the article here Mido attended an anti-Israel rally in London and tweeted "In London against Israel ... Oh Lord burn them"
The article goes on to say that his current club Barnsley have "dealt with the matter internally".

So that's OK then?
Yet, when student Liam Stacey tweeted a daft joke after black footballer Fabrice Muamba collapsed during a game he was imprisoned for "a racially-aggravated public order offence to incite violence". When (black) footballer Rio Ferdinand re-tweeted a fairly harmless comment referring to black football Ashley Cole as a 'choc ice' there was a national scandal with the FA stepping in. And when John Terry - in the heat of a local derby - was accused of a racial slur against a black player he was not only stripped of the England captaincy but arrested and put on trial. In fact the slightest suggestion of racism within the game of football now attracts enormous international concern, condemnation, censure, and often police intervention. Being dealt with privately by the player's club is simply not an option.  With one exception. When that racism is directed against Jewish Israelis (see here and here for previous examples).


What makes this case especially ironic is that Mido claimed he was the subject of 'anti-Muslim' abuse by opposing supporters a few years ago who he claimed chanted "Mido, he's got a bomb you know; Mido's got a bomb."  On that occasion the FA of course stepped in and it was a story of international interest (it made both front page and back page news). This time, as far as I can tell the Sun is the only national paper to carry the story - I tried googling "Mido tweet" and nothing appears.

If an unknown student's drunken tweeted joke about a black football can result in a prison sentence for a racially-aggravated public order offence to incite violence then I would like to know why Mido's real incitement to genocide has missed the FA's radar completely. I will be writing to the FA to ask them - and I will also ask them why they have been silent on the British based players who signed the statement last week that was not only an anti-Semitic blood libel, but was also an attempt to subvert a EUFA tournament in which England is participating.

2 comments:

Steve said...

More power to you for doing something. Perhaps a complaint to the Police about this Mido is also in order.

Edgar Davidson said...

The FA have responded to me saying that 'they know about the story and are investigating'. They did not actually promise to tell me the results of any such investigation