Government figures revealed this week that the number of anti-semitic attacks in the UK doubled in 2014 compared to the previous year.
Yet in 2014 the Board of Deputies - who "represent the UK Jewish community" spent just 2% of its income 'combatting anti-Semitism' (see graphic above from a report on their own website). It spent three times as much on "Interfaith relations" which, as far as I can tell, is almost entirely dedicated to pandering to Islamic extremists. In addition to its notorious 'deal' with the Muslim Council of Britain (which is the UK branch of the Muslim Brotherhood) it has spent a lot of time and money sucking up to Islamic supremacists and Israel haters like Baroness Warsi and the discredited Fiyaz Mughal. (Update 6/2/15: to see how the BoD spends real cash on its pandering to Muslims I see their website is boasting today about how it just took a group of Britsh Imams to Paris).
I was prompted to write this post having just seen today's Jewish News which contains a half-page opinion piece by Rabbi Natan Levy "Interfaith Consultant, Board of Deputies". It is a naive and ignorant piece suggesting that Jews are as much to blame as Muslims for the distrust between the communities. For example he says:
..a lovely friend, a pillar of the Edgware Jewish community, literally spits out in anger: "Muslims are animals!" Our children listen and learn.Rabbi Levy is the self-publicist who made headlines in July by fasting for the whole of Ramadan to show his support for the Muslim community.He is one of those people who believe that if we all sit down together and sing kumbaya then terrorism and anti-semitism will vanish overnight.
I then remembered Rabbi Levy's name from a previous posting when I noted that the BoD continued to positively slobber over Fiyaz Mughal. I noted there the BoD report of their recent meeting with Mughal:
Rabbi Natan Levy, the Board's Interfaith consultant, and exhibition co-ordinator, said it provides a "unique bridge between the two communities, so that they can celebrate together, remember together, and not be driven further apart." He added: "There was a lovely moment when Fiyaz Mughal ( Director of Faith Matters) and I came together and quoted the same line from our respective scriptures: ‘whosoever saves a single life saves the entire universe’."Clearly there is no need for the BoD to spend that massive 2% of its income fighting anti-Semitism. They should go the whole hog and use that money to appoint a real Muslim like Anjem Choudary or maybe even Asghar Bukhari as their spokesman.
- BoD bullies Zionist Federation into boycotting pro-Israel speaker
- BoD's deal with the Muslim Brotherhood
- BoD: proud to have kept a low profile for over 200 years
- More on the Jewish Board of Deputies disgraceful kowtowing to Islamists
- UK bans Spencer and Geller: free speech is dead in the UK and the ban was supported by the Board of Deputies
- Geller and Spencer were banned from the UK because of their 'pro-Israel views'
- A Statement on behalf of the UK Jewish Board of Deputies on the banning of Robert Spencer and Pamela Geller from entering the UK
- Board of Deputies partners antisemitic and ferociously anti-Israel Oxfam
- Britain's 'official Jews' submit to Islam
- Panel debate: more cluelessness and lack of activity from the Board of Deputies
- Leading to surrender