This rule book applies to all members of the Western media corps and is copyright of BBC, CNN, Sky News, the Sun, Guardian, Independent, Times.
Rule 1 (Rocket attacks against Israel)
The rule here is simple: Never report on any Hamas/Hizbollah rocket attacks against Israel (also note: there is no Israeli town called Sderot). There are only two exceptions to this rule:
- If Israel eventually attempts to stop the rocket fire. In that case you can
lead with a major story reporting that Israel has launched a massive attack against Palestinian civilians and
you can include the following statement at the end of your 26 page
"The Israelis claim that their attack was in response to home made rocket attacks from Gaza/Lebanon.”
- If (as is very common) the Hamas rockets fall short (or explode before being launched) and hence cause casualties in Gaza, then you must write a major report with the headline "Israeli attack kills X civilians in Gaza" (where the number X is determined by Rule 3 below).
- If you are forced to mention Hamas and/or Hizbollah rockets (many of which are powerful long range missiles provided by Iran and Syria) you must refer to them using the terms: "home made", "harmless", and "nothing more than fire crackers".
- You may also say things like "rockets were intercepted by the Iron Dome system" so that it is not even clear that rockets were fired or by whom. However, if you do mention the Iron Dome system ensure you say that it is an "American supplied system" even though it was actually funded, designed and built by Israel (Rafael Advanced Defence Systems)
- Never refer to the fact that the missiles cause deaths, injuries, and major damage in Israel and require several million people in Israel to stay in shelters for hours and days on end. In fact simply say "These so-called rockets have never caused any damage or injuries".
Rule 2 (War)
Every two years Hamas will launch a concentrated series of terrorist attacks and multiple rocket attacks (which, no matter how intense, must still not be reported) to draw Israel into a more robust response. In this case you must drop everything and use the following front-page template for the next 4 weeks.
Rule 3 (Arab casualties)
If there is any incident either in Israel or near its borders in which there are claims of Arab casualties you must write a report with the following headline:
“Israelis kill X Arab civilians including Y children”For the numbers X and Y simply choose the highest figures from the following sources:
- The Palestinian Authority
- Islamic Jihad
- Syrian State Television
- Islamic State
- Al Jazeera or Press TV
- Any person within 20 miles of the incident who is wearing a kaffiya or a Burka.
“An Israeli spokesman claimed, without evidence, that they ‘acted in self-defence’.Note that there are certain circumstances where Arab deaths from violence should not be reported at all. This is when Arabs themselves openly claim to be the killers. This applies, for example, in the following cases:
- Mass slaughter in fighting between different rival groups (Shia v Sunni, Hamas vs PA, Hamas vs Al Qaeda, PA vs Islamic Jihad etc)
- Where the victims are accused of being Israeli collaborators
“The underlying cause of the violence was the oppressive Israeli occupation”Any claims of deaths of Israelis during such incidents can be assumed to be false and hence ignored.
Rule 4 (Demographics)
Remember the following important demographics in any report, especially relating to casualties:
- Every Palestinian, especially every member of Hamas and Islamic Jihad, is a civilian. Those who produce suicide videos armed with machine guns vowing to kill as many Jews as possible are simply civilians forced by the Israeli occupation into becoming ‘militants’.
- Any Palestinian under the age of 26 is a child.
- Any Palestinian under the age of 16 is a baby.
- Any Palestinian over the age of 32 is a grandfather/grandmother.
- Any Palestinian with any type of injury (including especially Hamas terrorists injured when launching attacks against Israel) is disabled.
- Every building in Gaza is either a Hospital, School, Mosque, or a house filled exclusively with women and children.
- There are no Israeli ‘civilians’ and certainly no Israeli ‘children’. They are just soldiers or settlers.
- Palestinian cities and towns are refugees camps.
- Israeli cities and towns are settlements.
Rule 5 (Arab Terrorist attacks)
If Israelis are killed in a terrorist attack, then treat this as an opportunity to take a vacation from reporting.
However, you should immediately return from your vacation if it is discovered that an Israeli family in Jerusalem is planning to build an extra bedroom to accommodate their new baby. In that case you should write a story with the headline
Israelis destroy chance of peace by announcing new West Bank settlement plans.At the end of the article you can use the following statement:
An Israeli government spokesman claimed that the settlement plans were in response to what they claimed was a ‘terrorist attack’.The only exceptions to this rule are as follows:
- If the terrorist was killed by Israeli security forces attempting to stop further slaughter then you may post a brief report with a very large headline saying "Palestinian murdered by Israeli security forces in occupied West Bank" (note that Tel Aviv can be considered part of the West Bank for such reporting). Under no circumstances must the actual terrorist attack or any of its victims be mentioned. You should, however, seek quotes and photos from the terrorists' family members showing him/her to be a loving person who supported Real Madrid.
- In the event of a suicide bombing you may interview the suicide bomber’s family and write a sympathetic piece stating how the bomber was driven to his/her actions by the Israeli occupation. Be careful to refer to the actual suicide bombing only in vague abstract terms, never mentioning the victims or their families.
- In the event of a particularly brutal terrorist attack, such as the slaughter of an entire family in their home in which a baby is decapitated, you can, if news of the attack reaches outside Israel, write a brief report with the following words:
“Although the Israelis claim that a terrorist attack occurred at X, it is more likely to have been the result of a disgruntled Thai worker, Jewish militants intent on sparking anti-Arab violence, or simply a family dispute. ”Rule 6 (Jewish "Terrorist" attacks)
Make sure you never mention the widespread celebrations that take place throughout the Palestinian territories. Instead you should quote a Palestinian Authority spokesman, who having just led the celebrations with proclamations such as "This will be the fate of all Jews" in Arabic tells you in English that the Palestinian Authority do not approve of the attack as it damages their cause, and that in any case such actions are the natural response to the Israeli occupation. Never mention the fact that in Palestinian suicide terrorist attacks, children are always specifically targeted. Just stress that such attacks are the inevitable result of the 'occupation' and 'poverty'.
- In contrast to the multiple Arab terrorist attacks that must not be reported, the extremely rare attacks that might be attributed to Jews must be given total and uninterrupted prominence, irrespective of any other news story (including the death of the Queen).
- Any rules we may have about not using the word 'terrorist' and not using the religion of the person carrying out an attack can be ignored. The words "Jewish terrorist(s)" must appear in the headline and in the first sentence of every paragraph.
- No act of aggression should be considered too minor to report. This includes any acts against property (e.g. Hebrew graffiti sprayed on a mosque) and any physical contact by a Jew against any Arab. This is one area of reporting where you are allowed to listen to main stream Israeli reporters since they are especially eager to promote such stories widely.
- Even when there is absolutely no evidence (as in most cases) that the acts were carried out by Jews never suggest that there may be some doubt (again you can follow main stream Israeli reporters in this respect since they are world-leaders in self-flagellation). The fact that 99% of all reported acts of 'Jewish terrorism' turn out to have actually been committed by Arabs - either to incite violence or simply as part of local tribal feuds - must never be mentioned.
- Do not under any circumstances mention the fact that (in total contrast to Palestinians and their leaders who celebrate every terrorist attack against Jews and honour the terrorists) Israelis universally condemn every rare attack carried out by Jews and severely punish those responsible (even before any trial).
- In addition to the story itself make sure that there are several editorials with headings such as "As a Jew I am ashamed of Israel", "If Israelis had any self-respect they would declare their state illegitimate and leave", "Proof that right wing Israelis seek the murder of all Arabs", "All Jews are responsible for this violence" "All Jews must now declare Israel a criminal state", "Jewish terrorism inevitable result of Israeli apartheid"
Rule 7 (Terminology)
- The word ‘terrorist’ must never be used except when referring to Jews (as in Rule 5) or to any Jewish resident of the West Bank accused of acting provocatively in the presence of an Arab.
- Any Arab in a combat zone is unarmed if they are not carrying a mobile missile launcher. Any kind of guns, knives, swords, rocks, sticks or heavy metal items are, as a matter of course carried by unarmed Arabs since it is part of their cultural heritage.
- In any report you must insert the word “settler” after the word “Israeli”, unless it is known that they live outside of Central Tel Aviv, in which case you must add the word “fanatical” before “Israeli”.
- When mentioning the name of any Israeli city or town (i.e. settlement) you must also include the words occupied territory.
- When mentioning any Israeli politician you must insert the word “hardline”, “extremist”, or “right-wing” before their name (if in doubt it is best to insert all three words).
- In any report about Palestinians use the following words: “authentic”, “welcoming”, “poor”.
- When mentioning any Palestinian politician you must insert the word “moderate” before their name, even if they are a leader of Hamas, Islamic Jihad or even Islamic State.
- Be especially careful when referring to Arab-Israelis. If an Arab-Israeli is killed in a Palestinian terrorist attack, or in a cross border shooting/rocket attack then you must refer to them as "Palestinian" (but be careful not to mention who caused the killing). In other circumstances you must refer to them as Israelis to ensure that nobody knows that there are Arab-Israeli citizens prominent and represented in all strata of Israeli society.
- Israel is the only country in the world that must behave with absolutely perfect ethics and morality in every single aspect of public and private life. Hence, even the smallest deviation from perfection (such as if you can find an Arab worker earning less than a Jewish worker, or an Arab rioter being manhandled by a policeman) can be treated as a major news story.
- Arab countries, and especially the Palestinians, do not have to abide by any rules of morality or ethics at all. Hence, institutional antisemitism, violence, child abuse, racism, sexism, indoctrination of children, and the fact that 99.99% of the population dreams of massacring every Jew in the world are all examples of acceptable cultural behaviour and so must never be reported (doing so will result in you being disciplined for Islamaphobia or for being a Zionist stooge).
- Never look at a map of the whole Middle East. That way you will never have to reveal that Israel is less than the size of Wales or New Jersey surrounded by Muslim countries with a land mass over a thousand times as large.
- Although you can refer to the fact that 20% of Israel's population are Arabs you should only do so if you include the words "oppressed minority", "abused", "underclass", "impoverished".
- Never ask why over 50% of Israel’s Jewish population appears to have dark or even black skin. This might otherwise force you to reveal that not all Israeli Jews are of European/American origin and that they are actually native Middle Eastern and Ethiopian.
- Never ask why there are 0 Jews living in Gaza, 0 Jews living in the PA occupied part of the "West Bank", 0 Jews living in Jordan, 0 Jews living in Syria (down from 16,000 in 1947), 0 Jews living in Iraq (down from 200,000 in 1940), 0 Jews living in Algeria (down from 150,000 in 1940), 0 Jews living in Libya (down from 50,000 in 1940), 0 Jews living in Lebanon (down from 10,000 in 1940), 30 Jews living in Egypt (down from 100,000 in 1940), 2000 Jews living in Morocco (down from 270,000 in 1940) , 0 Jews living in Saudi Arabia, etc. Do, however, say that Israel's policies make it an apartheid state committed to ethnic cleansing of all Arabs.
- Never ask why Israel is the only country in the Middle East whose Christian population is expanding.
- Never ask why Jerusalem is mentioned over 600 times in the Old Testament and 0 times in the Koran. Do, however, refer at least once in every report to the fact that Jerusalem is sacred to Muslims.
Rule 10 ('War crimes' and Tactics of War)
In simple terms military acts against terrorist groups and regimes which - when carried out by say American, European, Arab or even Russian forces would be cause for widespread celebration and international approval - are heinous war crimes if carried out by Israelis. This applies especially to:
- Targeted assassinations of terrorists: If carried out by Israel then, when reporting such crimes always invoke the spectre of a UN Security Council resolution when expressing your outrage and condemnation. Never mention that the assassination was carried out with such careful planning and skill that no civilian was harmed during the operation. Also never mention the direct threat the terrorist posed to Israel, nor the Israelis previously killed by the terrorist. In contrast, if carried out by others then praise the act and make sure you never mention the fact that, unlike assassinations carried out by Israelis, dozens of innocent civilians were also killed. Also never mention the fact that, unlike when Israel targets terrorists, the terrorist did not pose a direct threat to the country carrying out the attack.
- Blockading borders and bombing: If carried out by Israel, such as the blockading of Gaza's sea border to stop weapons deliveries, and the targeted bombing of its terror facilities then additionally stress that it must be the subject of multiple UN resolutions (ignore the fact that the blockade is legal etc), enquiries, and 'peace' flotillas. Never mention the tyrannical nature of the Hamas regime but focus only on the civilians living there (without mentioning that they support the regime and all rejoice in the deaths of Israeli citizens). You should also point out the 'hypocrisy of the West' in not imposing a no-fly zone on Israel. In contrast, when the blockade and bombing is carried out by nations from the other side of the world (as in, e.g. the 'West' against Libya in 2011) report that this is a highly commendable tactic (even though the country poses no threat to its neighbours). Stress the tyrannical nature of the regime being bombed (and do not remind readers that 6 months earlier you were telling them what a wonderful reformer their leader was) and never remind readers about the civilians living there (who mostly hate the regime)
Rule 11 (Using photographs)
- Any photo that you find of dead children in conflict from anywhere in the world must be posted immediately to twitter with the caption "New proof that Israel murders babies for fun". Photos of victims from the civil wars in Syria and Iraq are an especially good source. You do not have to worry even if they are over 10 years old. You may even use stills from horror films.
- Since Arabs/Muslims are always the victims and Israelis are always the aggressors any photograph showing: Muslims attacking Jews, dead or injured Jews, damage to Israeli property from Muslim violence or rockets, can all be assumed to be faked and must never be shown. There is one exception to this rule and that is if the photograph does not obviously identify Muslims as the aggressors and Jews as the victim. In that case you are allowed to show the photograph with an appropriate caption making it clear that Jews are the aggressors and Muslims the victims.
- If at any time you cannot find relevant photos that can be used to portray Israel as aggressor and Arabs as victim, then simply use photoshop. You can either just doctor existing photos (update this is typical) or better still create your own scene using the ever obliging Palestinians. If you have no volunteers then simply find a pile of rubbish anyway and place a child's toy or doll on the top - this enables you to tweet a photo with the caption "all that remains of nursery destroyed by Israel". Other variations of this are to place a broken wheelchair on top and use the caption
"all that remains of disabled people's home destroyed by Israel".
Rule 12 (Speaking to the natives)
Never interview an Israeli Jew (Israeli Arabs, especially those belonging to the Islamic Movement can be used instead). The only exceptions to this rule are:
- Haaretz reporters
- Anti-Zionist academics, writers, politicians and lawyers
- Amos Oz
- Any recent American Jewish immigrant living in the West Bank who uses Biblical quotations every other sentence.
Rule 13 (Peace activists)
Any non-Arab in the region who is involved in violent anti-Israel activities is a peace activist. If such a person dies under any circumstances then you must state before any evidence is produced that this person “was killed by Israeli troops”. You must also put out an urgent call to all journalists in the world to write about nothing else for the next 7 days. Also contact every playwright to request a play dedicated to this martyr of the Palestinian cause.
Rule 14 (Arabic speeches)
Never use the services of an Arabic translator to find out what Arab leaders and clerics are telling their own people, as in “We will not rest until every Jew is dead”. This will ensure you do not have to waste time telling readers that they have directly contradicted what they told you in English (as in “We want peace with Israel”). It will also save you having to explain (or even report) that wild anti-Semitic conspiracy theories are believed by 99.999% of all Arabs. A simple rule of thumb is the following:
Any statement X made to you by an Arab in English is to be treated as unimpeachable truth. Any statement Y made by an Arab in Arabic that contradicts X, can be treated as false and hence ignored.In the unlikely event that news of the translation gets into the main stream media you simply have to report that the translation is the work of MEMRI – a Zionist organisation dedicated to mis-translation to make Arabs look like anti-Semitic, homophobic, misogynistic psychopaths. If, even after that, the translation is proved to be accurate then you can simply say that the statement was "theatrical rhetoric which was never supposed to be meant literally".
Rule 15 (Israeli evidence)
Be aware that in most major stories where you are able to cast Israel as the devil incarnate, the Israelis subsequently produce hard evidence (videos, documents, etc) that prove they were not guilty of the claims that had been made. In such cases there is no need to report this evidence. However, if you wish to remind readers of the original story you can include the following words at the end:
“Israel has claimed that some of these accusations are not true, but sources cast doubt on the authenticity of the Israeli evidence”.
Rule 16 (Peace Partners)
Under no circumstances ever mention that the Hamas Charter calls for the death of all Jews and cites the Protocols of the Elders of Zion for its inspiration. Similarly, never mention that, even after the Oslo accords, the Palestinian Authority has never renounced its own charter calling for the destruction of Israel and that every one of its leaders openly seeks the destruction of the Jewish State.
Rule 17 (Writing feature-length insight articles)
This is covered by Daniel Greenfield in "How to write about Israel"
Rule 18 (The Final Option)
If you have any doubt about the content of a story, or if you simply cannot be bothered to write anything yourself, then simply copy and paste whatever Al Jazeera or Press TV is saying on its website. Or just use the template provided here for every day that the current conflict lasts.
- Guidelines for reporting attacks against ISIS and Hamas
- Simple questions about the Middle East that are never asked
- Saving the British media a lot of effort in their Gaza reporting
- The maps that lie
- Following up on the guidelines ...
- Imagine if the Tunisian attack had been by a Palestinian on Tel Aviv beach ....
- A dedication to the useful idiots at the BBC and CNN
Excellent, Edgar! A tour through the hypocrisy, and a tour de force!ReplyDelete
After three decades of professional media monitoring, I award you my approbation.ReplyDelete
I predict it will go viral!ReplyDelete
btw, I've taken the liberty of posting rule 11 on my blog, with a link to this post for the rest of the rules.
I am very happy you posted it. Thanks.
Fantastic Edgar. I just picked it up on Daphne Anson's blogReplyDelete
It's now on it's way around Australia, Canada and the USA
Shalom for 'down under'
Oh dear! I fear, Edgar, that you may have intended this as a spoof, trouble is it is actually the case. A friend of mine who has been a correspondent for a couple of national media organizations in Australia and the US, has told us of compulsory 'inductions' for newly arrived journalists who want to report from the PA administered areas, Gaza, Lebanon, Syria and, to a less forceful extent, Jordan. Most media outlets want to maintain a position in these areas and so the journos are told by the bosses back home to bow to thew local 'rules'. Objective reporting in Saudi and the Gulf States just doesn't happen.ReplyDelete
Oh, that just about covers it. And is funny to boot!ReplyDelete
>Oh dear! I fear, Edgar, that you may have intended this as a spoof, trouble is it is actually the case.
Yes, my experiences in complaining directly to UK media suggest it is not far from the truth.
V good, very funny.ReplyDelete
Excellent stuff!! Funny and sharp. And poignant...ReplyDelete
Great article , Edgar. Thanks for your contribution to the truth.ReplyDelete
thank you edgar! do you know what happens when christians and other people of this world sees this? THEY send a letter to tell them to look at this website and that every letter the arabs are sending is complete crap! do you guys not know what the meaning of peace means! i'm sending a letter to the US the UK and Israel!ReplyDelete
A classic worthy of a new UN Resolution...or perhaps a Nobel Peace Prize. Well done sir.ReplyDelete
Wow, outstanding work - as a non fanatical, former Tel Aviv dwelling Israeli American, I say THANKS EDGAR!ReplyDelete
Oh, now I get it; this BBC reporter Kevin Connolly I heard yesterday who seemed to me to be another Jeremy Bowen is just following the Rules!ReplyDelete
"Something in the futility of the protests - the way the demonstrators were stuck at the razor wire perhaps - conjured echoes of the vulnerability and pathos of soldiers fighting in World War I.
Except, of course, that the groups we watched carried no firearms".
"In the eyes of enemies, Israel will have confirmed itself as a brutal, ruthless, militaristic and expansionist state, because it has no internationally-recognised legal right to the Golan Heights."
And then gives a clear hint he agrees with these "enemies":
"And the Israel of Majdal Shams hardly seems like the Jewish David ranged against the collective Goliath of the Arab world".
He doesn't believe the "Israeli" version that protesters are paid (he must have missed the Guardian report) but concludes that anyway
"Someone who is prepared to risk their life for $50 is going to make a pretty desperate long term enemy"
read the whole transcript here:
Yes that BBC report was the one I wanted to respond to but there is nowhere to leave comments.ReplyDelete
I am going to post this to my blog, as well.
hail to you brave edgar!ReplyDelete
couldn't be put better.
you also may add a warning :
"beware, if fail to comply, you may be killed/disappear due to some act of annonimus forces".
May I translate it into Polish and try to find a good site to place it?ReplyDelete
Maybe I should have added that I'm responsible for all the translations of MEMRI's material into Polish so I can promise that your wonderful text will not be mis-translated...ReplyDelete
Very good!! I don't agree with everything but helps to understand the difficultness of the problem.ReplyDelete
If you don't hear back from the originator of this blog and seeing that there is no way to contact "Edgar"
I would say go for it, as it is a compliment, but make sure the copy to credited back to this blog
I already emailed Malgorzata to say I was happy to have a translation. The more the merrier!ReplyDelete
In that case Edgar, I'll happily post it around the place with a link back to you of Course!ReplyDelete
Your text in Polish is here: http://izrael.org.il/opinie/1499-edgar-davidson-reguy-i-wytyczne-dla-dziennikarzy-zachodnich-relacjonujcych-z-bliskiego-wschodu.htmlReplyDelete
I've also sent it to a printed monthly magazine "Midrasz" but haven't got any answer yet. Thank you!
BTW - never got that e-mail but, never mind, permission was more important:)
Thanks (I now realise I did not have a correct email address for you)
DO you know that in the Israeli constitution, lethal force is to be used to kill and maim Palestinians and the rest of the Middle East? Did you know that in the book written by former Israeli president Ariel Shaaron, violence is preached against Israel's biggest ally, the United States of America? Israeli people must stand up against their state and realize that being supportive of the Israeli government is not necessarily conforming with the standards of their culture and/or religion. And you seem to have mentioned that there are 0 jews living in Saudi Arabia - can you please quote your source? Don't bother, I'm a jew and I live in Saudi Arabia, and I have a number of jewish friends here, some who are much like yourself, blindly supportive to the Israeli government and open to its propaganda and how it tends to always victimize itself.ReplyDelete
tl;dr : umadbro?
Here is another site which posted your text in Polish - I do hope it will go to more places yet: http://fzp.net.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6519ReplyDelete
Anonymous who saidReplyDelete
"I'm a jew and I live in Saudi Arabia, and I have a number of jewish friends here, some who are much like yourself, blindly supportive to the Israeli government and open to its propaganda"
is a liar unless he is simply working in Saudi Arabia and not practicing his Judaism. As in Jordan Jews are banned from being citizens and Census data does not identify any Jews as residing within Saudi Arabian territory. Jewish (as well as Christian and other non-Muslim) religious services are prohibited from being held on Saudi Arabian soil. When American military personnel were stationed in Saudi Arabia during the Gulf War, permission for small Christian worship services was eventually granted, but Jewish services were only permitted on US warships.
The Arab invasion of the UN authorised State of Israel in 1948 in an attempt to see Hitler's "Final Solution" inflicted on Jews never happened. And the fact that Arabs FAILED, and therefore lost all moral efficacy for millennia will also be denied at every opportunity as a clear example of Zionist propaganda...
RULE 15 (if I may)ReplyDelete
After an anti_Israel story you have printed with much fanfare on the front page for a few days is proven to be either completely false or grossly overstated, make sure any retraction, apology or correction is a small paragraph, buried in an irrelevant and inconspicuous part of the paper.
SapperK9 (re proposed Rule 14):ReplyDelete
Yes I plan to update it soon with rules on the History of the Middle East.
Anonymous (re proposed Rule 15)
I think I already covered this one in Rule 8
This article needs to be circulated to every Jewish group on US Campuses such as Hillel groups and every temple in the country. I have exhausted myself trying to open peoples eyes to the growing anti-Semitism on campus and in the media.ReplyDelete
This article will help because it spells out the techniques and people will subconsciously see when the media use the techniques described here. George Orwell would be proud of you!
I wanted to add your link to my blog but I am not set up to have separate links as you are. My blog is "email@example.com" can you guide me?ReplyDelete
To add links you need to edit your template in the blogger dashboard.
Look at the html which does the "About Me" section. Copy and paste this, but replace "Aboout me" with "Links" etc.
Great piece (peace?) Edgar!ReplyDelete
I love it!!!
Is there a hebrew translation of it or would you mind a hebrew translation be made for the not-so-englishable residents of the holy land??
thanks & bless,
The Promised Landing
p.s. - to anonymous who said:
"DO you know that in the Israeli constitution.... bla bla bla"
i would like to ask him to show where it says whatever he's saying as to the fact Israel has NO constitution to this day (unfortunate fact of course).
My Hebrew isn't good enough to do a satisfactory translation, but I would love it if you were able to do one.
i pull out a Hebrew translation hopefully it is good enough...
i hope you don't mind me forwarding this translation to interested residents of the holy land... (with credits of course).
let me know if you want it as well to be posted somewhere.
The Promised Landing
I just tweeted a link with a good response.ReplyDelete
I once did a word count and could only find Jerusalem 690 times in the Hebrew Bible - not 800. (OTOH, I may have omitted the apocrypha).ReplyDelete
I note that the "Jewish" Saudi Arabian was anonymous. Maybe he doesn't want the Saudis to know!
When you a visit a web-page, the log on the destination page receives the name of the page that sent you. Therefore, if you click on the link to visit the BBC, that site will receive a message that the sending page was yours. (Caution: always check what's in a link before clicking to confirm that what you see is what you get.)ReplyDelete
A previous comment in this chain of comments suggests "read[ing] the whole transcript here:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/9508156.stm " to which Edgar Davidson [responds],
"Yes that BBC report was the one I wanted to respond to but there is nowhere to leave comments."
So click away, so that the BBC knows where its readers come from!
A simply fantastic piece of analysis. I have reposted it on my blog, with link and attribution. I trust that you do not mind. If you do tell me and I will removeReplyDelete
Very good!! I don't agree with everything but helps to understand the difficultness of the problem.ReplyDelete
Excellent article! I just found it via your comment on Harry's Place.ReplyDelete
I would add that you omitted one small item on Rule No. 3 and Rule No. 5:
When mentioning the word "settlements" always add the phrase "the settlements are illegal under international law".
Well...AREN'T they illegal???????...let's call a spade a spade.Talk about living in fantasy land. Of course if you suffer from cognitive dissonance and mad hat religious zealotry you can maintain all manner of nutty dishonest grasping views.Delete
Free Social Media Marketing where Every thing will be Free, Facebook Likes, Twitter Followers, Twitter Tweets, Twitter Re-Tweets, Twitter Favorites, Google Plus Followers, StumbleUpon Followers, Youtube Views, Youtube Likes, Youtube Subsribes, Pinterest Followers, Pinterest Likes, Pinterest PinIt, Free Website Visitors.ReplyDelete
Just Join now and Free Increase your Social Media Networks.
Sarcasm and satire really are the only tools to use when writing about Israel in a world of double standards and hypocrisy
I think the BBC will be very annoyed you leaked one of their internal policy documents.ReplyDelete
Lovely piece but the only way to address this is by Israel broadcasting live time in English..Rebuttals do work....Tried and tested for years You dont like the picture painted...Can't fight city hall ...Paint your own...Out a new city hallReplyDelete
Excellent! And now for an educational quiz on the Middle East:ReplyDelete
A mini 5 + 1 question quiz for Secretary Kerry
Imagine that Brighton were Gaza
Edgar, this is mostly great but where did you get your figures for the Jewish populations of Arab countries? The number of Egyptian Jews in 1948 is typically given as about 75,000 and the number of Iraqi Jews is typically given as 130,000, although I have seen up to 150,000. I don't believe for a minute that the Jewish populations of these countries dropped by two-thirds to three-quarters between 1940 and 1947. Were the numbers intended to be humorous? I think that the humor works best when everything that the press is instructed not to say is, in fact, true.ReplyDelete
I have seen figures of 200,000 for the number of Jews living only in Baghdad before the Farhud pogrom, so the total number of Iraqi Jews in 1940 must be higher than you say. Will check on Egypt.
Find Best Online Jobs from Home with Payment GuaranteeReplyDelete
What a load of bullshit.ReplyDelete
I guess this is how Edgar tells himself the media is to keep up with his own leftist world view that the poor, innocent Jews... good as gold, who didn't do a thing wrong, are being persecuted....... AGAIN :((((ReplyDelete
Now, when I look at the media today... all I see is the opposite. I wonder why? Could it be that the media isn't as anti-Israel as Edgar makes out?
I feel sorry for the chumps lauding in the comments. I don't, actually, because I know they're just stupid liberals.
You can always tell when Edgar is right on the money by the cognitive contortions of the various (il)liberal Leftytwats squealing like stuck pigs as their pro-terror, hamas loving, Jew Hatred is peeled apart. In the final analysis the only difference between the Nazis and the Left are the colours of the uniforms. Mind you, at least the Nazis and the Commies wear uniforms. The (il)Liberals are in plain clothes or waving the right-on flags of those who hate them. Rainbow flags with the slogan "we are all Hamas" right up to the point they hit the ground having been thrown off of a high buildin, what passes for brains smashed out.ReplyDelete
I recently wrote to my local MP about anti-Israel bias at the BBC, I have forwarded this blog as further evidence.ReplyDelete
Thank you Edgar
What an excellent set of rules you have put together. Would you mind if we translate into Norwegian and post it to our newssite:
We are also happy to post it in English if you so prefer.
Vert happy for it to translated and shared.
Has Chris Hedges seen this yet? He needs a copy BADLY!!!ReplyDelete
brilliant does not begin to describe your post. I would like to share it on two fb groups - Pro-Israel Activists Unite and Prietenii Israelului (Romanian Friends of Israel).
Speranta: Yes please go ahead and share this as much as you like.ReplyDelete
Excellent. I regularly complain to BBC (tel 03700100222 press 1 and wait for 3) latest example on attack by Palestinian on Israeli at gas station.....BBC take.... "Israeli troops shoot dead Palestinian who stabbed Israeli....." Ignoring 22other Palestinian attacks in past week. Need more people to complain. BBC count numbers and allege complaints from both sides are equal.ReplyDelete
Oh so true especially @BCReplyDelete
Great read thanks for sharing such ideas...ReplyDelete
I am satisfied that you shared this helpful information with us. Please stay us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing. Buy Facebook FollowersReplyDelete
Israel is being buried-alive under anReplyDelete
avalanche of media bias and false accusations.
These web sites can help refute those
biases and false accusations:
HELP DEFEND ISRAEL FROM UNFAIR MEDIA:
HELP SUE THE TERRORISTS:
HELP FIGHT ISRAEL-BASHING ON-CAMPUS:
HELP-ISRAEL ORGANIZATIONS TO JOIN:
JEWISH VICTIMS OF ISLAMIC TERRORISTS:
www.VictimsOfArabTerror.co [not com]
Hi, Edward. You missed out the cardinal rule which precedes all of the above, and should therefore be number 1:ReplyDelete
"Never ask why Palestinian attacks on Israel occurred in the first place." Let the reader presume that it was just more mindless Palestinian terrorism.
Need a half dozen major examples? How about we start with the lead up to the 2008/2009 Operation Cast Lead?
Best cockroach control services, and the lowest prices, now through the MC company, in Abu DhabiReplyDelete
One of your best. Your a hero.ReplyDelete
ال صالح لنقل الاثاث الافضل دائما فى نقل الاثاث فهى افضل شركة نقل اثاث بالدمام وتقدم الكثير من الخدمات المنزليه الكامله انها افضل شركة نقل عفش بالدمام وافضل شركة تنظيف بالدمامReplyDelete
MediaSolutions bargains in Web change lebanon and website designing. Get advancing with Social media in lebanon. Work for App progress lebanon is open. We are serving in high bore and best trust trades.ReplyDelete
Find Residential & Commercial Pest Control Services in Abu Dhabi UAE to get relieve of Pests, Rodents, Cockroach, TermitesReplyDelete
Thank you for your post. This is excellent information. It is amazing and wonderful to visit your site. And Stock market is a place where many new stock market traders join the share trading league daily and trade daily in Share Market Tips, Intraday traders, stock Market investors and market beginners should understand the meaning of the stock market for beginners cutting the learning curve.ReplyDelete
I'm glad I found this web site, I couldn't find any knowledge on this matter prior to.Also operate a site and if you are ever interested in doing some visitor writing for me if possible feel free to let me know, im always look for people to check out my web site.Guided Tours in IsraelReplyDelete
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالدمامReplyDelete